So the kids are on holiday next week for two and a half weeks. All three of them.
As much as I adore having the kids around, and I love Christmas, I honestly think there has to be some method to my madness. I can’t go into the holidays without some planning or preparation! I can’t! I always have a few ideas for doing things with the kids – we have hampers to build and they always enjoy making chocolates or little cakes. As far as all the crafting I wanted to do though… yeah, I haven’t had time to organise it, and when I have had time I’ve been sat on the sofa snoozing because I’m shattered – sound familiar? I bet it does.
Anyhoo, one of my favourite things to include in a hamper is a crafted gift, we have such a huuuugge range of things that the boys love but buying what we need for it can be time consuming and costly!
What have we come up with so far for Christmas crafting ideas that won’t break the bank or my tender sanity?
- Make your own festive fairies (we could put them on the tree!)
- Make your own gingerbread house
- Make your own magnets
- Make your own fairy doors – the boys will love doing this!
- Make your own pot pourri
- Handprint baubles for family
- Snowglobe craft
- Hand print Santa’s using salt dough – 1 cup salt, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup of water, handprint and bake sloooooooow. Easy! Awesome from Laura Life with Baby Kicks!
- A mini wreath for the tree
- A Snowman sleigh
- Snowman pom pom Christmas cards
- Snowman paper chain
So there are my ideas!
What crafts do you do over the Christmas period?