Morning happy campers! Or not so happy campers because URGH it’s Monday and who likes those?
Anyway, last week I think we did pretty well with our meal plan and I think the kids actually enjoyed 90% of what I did get round to cooking (which admittedly wasn’t a lot as I did say that it was a busy weekend!).
Here’s how it went:
- Monday :: Stuffed chicken from Cooktoria – Everyone really enjoyed this, I thought it was delish. I didn’t have any mozzarella which was a bit of a shame but I just adapted the cheese.
- Tuesday :: Million dollar ravioli – Reuben didn’t like this, which isn’t like him, but everyone else did!
- Wednesday :: One pot chicken and dirty rice – This was bloody delish. It’s not often I find a recipe that everyone enjoys but this was that, it really was scrummy.
- Thursday :: One pot enchiladas – it was Reuben’s birthday so we actually ditched this in favour of more birthday centric food!
- Friday :: Take away – of course.
- Saturday/Sunday :: Lovely experience at Prezzo in Hemel Hempstead, we ate the most yummy pizzas and when Edith went up to watch the chefs work, the head chef very kindly gave her some dough and let her make a calzone, complete with ingredients, which he then cooked for her and gave to her! How lush is that?
Anyway, onwards to this week, which is a lot of catching up, dashing about and I’m generally flat about it!
Monday :: Slow cooker cottage pie
I sort of make this up as I go along really, I use mince, mixed herbs, onions and stock, then anything else in the fridge. This week it’s celery, carrots and green beans. I’ll top it off with mashed potatoes and grill to get that crisp!
Tuesday :: Creamy Butternut squash pasta alfredo from Joyful Healthy Eats
This looks so good! I have a butternut squash to use in the fridge at the moment and I refuse to waste another one so I’m excited to give this a try. I think the boys will like it, Edith I’m not so sure. Find the recipe here.
Wednesday :: Stuffed peppers with Birds Eye chicken chargrills
I’m using this recipe for stuffed peppers from my own blog because everyone loves it, but instead of going for fish fingers like we usually do, I’m going to use come chicken chargrills that I have in the freezer! WIN.
Thursday :: One pot chicken enchilada rice casserole
This sounds delish and I’m a real fan of anything one pot at the moment because, well, lazy. I love the look of the cheesy rice and I think this one will be a hit, plus, it’s another quick one! Here is the recipe!
Friday, Saturday, Sunday :: I’m AWAY! Wooopp!
No food suggestions here as I could tell you what I will fill the freezer with but no one will eat it, so I’m not going to bother. The fam will live on takeaways and insanity for a few days.
Great recipe. Tasted great thanks
Love the look of the enchilada one pot dish. Will have to add that to this weeks meal plan