Annnnnnddddd it’s back to school! Is it me or does Easter feel like it flew by? It’s been a really weird mix of gloriously scorching weather that we have been able to make the most of and… snow. Ha! Only in the UK!
I have so many things going on this week, it’s TWO WEEKS until my book launches and I’m announcing something exciting on my instagram tonight! I think it’s safe to say I’m one of those people who just likes to overload herself and stress herself out ha!
Anyway, looking back at food from last week, it’s typical of the holidays, a real mixed bag of sticking to the list and enjoying it and TOTALLY falling off the plan.
- Monday :: Creamy chicken & spinach pasta – delicious, unfortunately Edith wouldn’t touch it.
- Tuesday :: Lasagne – can’t beat it!
- Wednesday :: Burrito casserole – We ended up having this as a fajita instead of a casserole but it was delish all the same.
- Thursday :: Lentil dahl – my kids went to in laws so we skipped this and had the Saturday meal instead.
- Friday :: Takeaway
- Saturday :: General Tso Chicken – had it on Thursday as it was quick and easy, and it was LUSH.
- Sunday :: Veggie Shepherd’s pie – we had friends over to have a bit of fun in our not-quite-finished garden and a cuppa, so we fed the kids a tonne of pizzas and chips which meant come dinner we weren’t hungry! I was really gutted as I wanted to try this!
So… back to school tomorrow (or today for most I think) and here is the plan this week:
Monday :: Roasted Garlic lentil & Veg stew
If it has roasted garlic – I’m there. And as I type, I realise I forgot the garlic on the shopping order… anywho, this sounds lush from Crumbs & Caramel.
Tuesday :: Veg Lasagne
This is my fave type of lasagne – Edith and Adam would prefer beef all day long but I LOVE veggie lasagne. This is my fave recipe.
Wednesday :: Chicken Dhansak
One of my absolute favourite websites and a meal that I used to order at least once a week from our local Indian restaurant many moons ago! I think the boys will really love this, Edith I’m not sure!
Thursday :: Stuffed sweet potatoes
Oh I’m really not sure how this recipe from 40 Aprons will go – will they love it or will they hate it? I think I will love it, in fact I’m almost certain of it… but the kids, I’m not sure!
Friday :: Spaghetti alla Siciliana
I’ve had to let go of Friday night late night as it’s affectionately known in our house (Friday movie night) because Toby’s football training is back! Woop! It’s not really a problem, but when the whole family isn’t around, it spoils it a bit so we opted to make Saturday our movie night! This is the kind of 10-15 minute meal I need on a Friday before Adam and Toby need to shoot off!
Saturday :: Takeaway
Sunday :: Sweet potato & chickpea peanut curry
I’m on the fence as to how this one will go too. I love chickpeas but too many give me terrible stomach ache, and I think the kids may be a bit put out that there is no chicken in this chickpea & sweet potato curry, but as I said last week, I would love to get back to more recipes that don’t contain meat or fish and it’s good to try new things!