Hellooooo October! One of my fave months of the year I have to confess! I love Halloween and all the fun around that, it’s kind of, sort of, maybe the start of party season. I think it is anyway, it’s when I start breaking out fun decorations and we carve pumpkins… we love it.
Anyway, last week was BUSY with a capital B. We had something on more or less every day – secondary school visits, football training, work in London, football watching… gosh it was just constantly on! Despite that, I think I did pretty well with all the stuff that I needed to keep on top of AND I didn’t cock up the meal planner too much, yay me!
So, let’s look back at last week:
- Monday :: “Duck” fragrant curry – bit hit and miss here, I loved it, Edith and Roo enjoyed it but Tobes wasn’t keen.
- Tuesday :: Brinner – Always a fan but no one was especially keen on Adam’s Scottish sausage aka Lorne. I thought it was awful!
- Wednesday :: Campfire stew – no one enjoyed this which was SO disappointing. I thought that they would love it… but no.
- Thursday :: Chilli con carne – always popular and super easy to make before we headed off to a secondary school viewing!
- Friday :: Asian Stuffed Peppers – these looked so good and we just never made it to eating them!
- Saturday :: Plaintain Lasagne – I couldn’t get any Plaintains! I was so disappointed.
- Sunday :: Chimichangas – loved these, Reuben was so happy ha!
So what about this week?
Monday :: Shepherds Pie
This Recipe from The Wholesome Dish looks super tasty and is perfect for these colder days.
Tuesday :: Slow cooker chicken tacos
Taco Tuesday, as requested! The kids have asked me to promise that we will have tacos or similar at least once a week – whether that will last we will see! This is from Savoury Nothings.
Wednesday :: Chicken Cheese and Broccoli Bake
This is one of those super wholesome and cosy recipes – from The Cosy Cook no less!
Thursday :: Pad See Ew
This looks lussshhhhh. it will 100% be one of my faves but whether the kids will like the sauce I’m not sure. This is from Cookerru.
Friday :: White Chicken Lasagne
This looks tasty! It’s one of those simple dishes that we have tried before and I’m pretty sure will go down a treat. This is from Cent less deals.
Saturday :: Takeaway
Sunday :: Butternut Squash soup
A classic from Kitchn – easy to make in the pressure or slow cooker and I’ll just need to make or grab some bread to go with it!