This was one of my favourite recipes, my mum used to make it when I was a child and I always loved it. I never realised how it really was one of the best family meal ideas, so simple it was to make, until I had a family of my own and now it tends to be one of my go to meals if I want something from the store cupboard that will take me minutes to make, shove in the oven and forget for 45 minutes!
Here’s how to do it:
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into big-ish chunks (all about the technical terms over here!)
- 1 tin of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 heaped tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 2 slices of bread, blitzed in the food processor to make into breadcrumbs
- 100g grated cheddar.
Preheat the oven to GM7.
Fry the chicken on a mid-high heat to brown, then place in a deep baking dish. In a jug mix the tin of soup, Mayo and curry powder together, and pour over the chicken. Pre cook you broccoli in a bowl of water for 8 minutes (blanched).
Add in the broccoli, stir to mix all up. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together and top the chicken mix.
Bung in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
Devour with potatoes or rice. Serious NOM-fest!!