I’ve started thinking that I have the holiday bug. This comes as no surprise to Adam, apparently I always get it whilst we’re on holiday and even worse when we come home, and this time is no exception. I want to plan another break! This time I’m thinking of some (sort of) far off location with A LOT of sun and pool life because this holiday is full of rain!
Having made such a packing faux pas this time, I have been seriously thinking about what I would pack in different climates. I packed all Summer and sunshine-approved clothes for this holiday and after the lovely sunshine in Paris we’ve come back, expecting glory in Devon and Cornwall and it’s … storms… It has rained SO hard. It is a total PITA, to the point where I have had to go out and buy jumpers from Tesco! As with most things, while I’ve been daydreaming about what I would need to pack on a holiday for somewhere beautiful and warm, I had the inspo for a bit of a blog post that might help other mamas: What to pack for a summer holiday with the family.
Cliché? Sure. Though I’ve read so many myself, I thought I’d chuck in my two cents (plus it gives me something to come back to should I ACTUALLY manage to get Adam to agree to some more forced fambalam time).
I’ve broken it down into sections too, so pick what is relevant to your family and let me know if you think I should add anything:
For the baby/toddler:
- Muslin squares – I love these, I don’t think you can have enough of the bloody things. Use to shade (as they are breathable – NEVER completely cover a pushchair!) large ones can double as blankets too if its chillier on an evening.
- Hooded towel
- Swim nappies
- Baby food if applicable (I took 200 pouches on holiday to Turkey for Toby. Boots even offer a delivery service to your hotel!)
- Hats (allll the hats!)
- Baby friendly suncream
- Jungle formula for kids
- A drinks beaker
- Loose fitting clothes (for a toddler they need to be good for climbing!)
- Swim floats
- Any medication they take, plus calpol and ibuprofen
- Bottles/bottle cleaning stuff if needed
- Cardigan/jumper for cooler weather
For the kids:
- Appropriate clothes – t shirts, shorts, loose shirts etc
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Child friendly antihistamine, calpol, ibuprofen, plasters, dioralyte for kids
- Any medication
- Jungle Formula slap bands for kids
- Beach towels (I find for little ones, ponchos are better)
- Beach toys (we are obsessed with these ones)
- A cardigan/jumper for cooler weather
For the adults:
- Sun glasses
- Sun cream
- Jungle Formula
- Medication (both actual medication and the metaphorical you-might-need-this-to-survive)
- Adult versions of what I mentioned for the kids – paracetamol, ibuprofen etc
- A book (ha, yeah right)
- Swimwear (I’ve got a think for Fantasie swimwear at the mo!)
- Emergency docs and everyone’s passports!
I can’t think of anything else! I will possibly have left loads off but that is my main thoughts at the moment… now, where to go? Suggestions anyone?
I love a good packing list! I like to print two copies one so I can tick everything on the way out and one so I can do the same on the way back – make sure I have everything!
We are off on our first post covid holiday this year fingers crossed!