Today is the dayyyyyy! Well, it is for us, I know it’s not for everyone, but today is the day that the kids have gone back to school and I’m flippin’ delighted! I know that this week is going to take a bit of adjusting so I’m trying to include things on the meal planner that are either rapid cooks OR in the slow cooker, and hopefully things that the kids can take with them the next day.
Here’s how last week went!
- Monday :: Mexican chicken bake – I didn’t rate this! It just didn’t do it for me and the rest of the family were pretty meh too.
- Tuesday :: Mango Chicken Curry – this was lush, highly recommend.
- Wednesday :: Green chilli chicken – didn’t get round to this one, we ended up having something else!
- Thursday :: Toad in the Hole – Winner winner, popular dinner!
- Friday :: Takeaway – yes thank youuuuuu
- Saturday :: Beef, mushroom & stilton pie – this was actually surprisingly nice. I don’t really like stilton but it added something.
- Sunday :: Ramen – did a noodle stir fry instead!
Monday :: Peri Peri Pork & Black bean stew from Hello Fresh
Now I think that the boys are going to LOVE this. It’s from Hello Fresh website, and it sounds like a treat. We are big fans of Hello Fresh here, their subscription service is fuss free and easy to use, the food is tasty and simple to make. You can find the recipe here.
Tuesday :: Chicken Fajita pasta
We’ve had this before and it’s always gone down a treat. Especially with the boys! This recipe is from Flavours of the Kitchen.
Wednesday :: Chilli con carne
Actually looking forward to a good ole chilli – and it always makes a great lunch the day after. Perfect for packet lunch with some tortilla slices and rice! This recipe is from Proper Foodie.
Thursday :: Chicken & Stuffing bake
This is absolutely another winner for the boys and Adam. I can see lashings of bread being used with it too ha! This recipe is from Life in the Lofthouse.
Friday :: Homemade Pizza
Saturday :: Breakfast for dinner
English breakfast for dinner is always a treat – and I’ve bought some waffle hash browns from Birds eye to try. Never heard of them before so I will let you know how we get on!