Well last week was a WEEK. It started with the velux windows that wouldn’t close, I called the electrician and … turns out, I had switched the MAINS switch off at the wall when I put the toaster away! I nearly died. We’d checked fuses, we’d unhooked the motorised chains, reset things… all to find out there was a mains switch (which in my paltry defence, I didn’t know was there) in the cupboard with the oven switches.
Anyway, this week will hopefully be less dramatic!
Let’s have a look at last week’s meals:
- Monday :: Hello Fresh Mexican beef hash – one of the nicest meals we have ever had from HF I think! It was delish!
- Tuesday :: Hello Fresh Chicken stir fry – this was super easy to make and really nice too.
- Wednesday :: Hello Fresh Chicken Parma – another very nice meal, probably my least fave as the tomato sauce was super rich but it was still lush.
- Thursday :: Pork stir fry – this wasn’t bad, I marinaded the pork for longer than suggested in the recipe and it was incredibly flavoursome.
- Friday :: Baked Potatoes – I loved it, the kids moaned!
- Saturday :: Cajun Lemon chicken pasta – really tasty.
- Sunday :: Fish finger tacos – a winner for all!
So moving on to this week:
Monday :: Coconut curry meatballs
This looks amazing, just something a little twisty and different to the normal curry I do. The recipe is from The Art of Improvisation.
Tuesday :: Chicken Enchilada rice casserole
This is a different recipe to something I’ve tried before and I’m pretty sure the kids will love it, plus it will make enough to hopefully do lunch the next day (though the way the boys are eating at the moment it’s possible… not ha!). This is from Jo Cooks.
Wednesday :: One Pan Lentil Daal Curry
Actually love a lentil curry, I find them so filling and hearty – though I will confess I get grumbles and moans that there is no chicken or meat fairly often! This recipe is from The Busy Baker.
Thursday :: Cajun Chicken alfredo
I realised after I put this one on the list that it was very similar to the cajun chicken pasta we had last week BUT the kids liked that so I figured I would be ok to just get on with it! This is from Half Baked Harvest.
Friday :: Roasted Peruvian Chicken
This sounds so nice and I don’t think we have ever had anything similar, so I’m looking forward to giving it a go! Find the recipe here.
Saturday :: Takeaway
Sunday :: Mango Chicken
Roo should, in theory, love this because mango is his absolute fave. I might stick with coconut rice to try something different but I’m not sure… find the recipe from Kitchen De Lujo here.