It’s Valentine’s Day – which either mean you’re having a takeaway, a night out or doing absolutely feck all whilst rolling your eyes because, sigh, what a load of rubbish. I’m on the fence, I love aspects, I hate aspects. I’ve never expected a big romantic faff, most years I ignore it completely, but this year I looked at it as an excuse to have some fun. We could all use a bit more of that, right?
- Monday :: Peppered Steak – this was actually really popular with everyone, they all enjoyed it.
- Tuesday :: Chicken Pasta Bake – the boys loved this, I thought it was really nice and Edith hated it!
- Wednesday :: Chicken Tagine – ok, I kind of did a hybrid of this and my chicken curry, I knew that the kids would eat the curry and just added some butternut squash and the apricots I wanted to get rid of to my usual recipe.
- Thursday :: Sausage and Mash – obvs everyone smashed it.
- Friday :: Vegan Thai curry – we actually went out for a Galentine’s treat whilst the boys went to their respective clubs!
- Saturday :: Takeaway
- Sunday :: Lasagne – Adam’s fave.
So moving on to this week:
Monday :: Valentine’s Takeaway
Which means pasta or beans on toast for the kids. No regrets.
Tuesday :: Creamy Thai Turmeric Chicken
This sounds like something that we will all enjoy – I might do it with rice instead of noodles. The recipe is from Half Baked Harvest.
Wednesday :: Gozleme
I have never tried this before – there are two recipes on Recipe Tin Eat’s website, one veg and one meat based. I think it’s something that the boys will LOVE.
Thursday :: Dan Dan Noodles
Edith might not like this one but the rest of us will (she claims to hate noodles… but will eat pasta of all forms…) This is another recipe from Half Baked Harvest.
Friday :: Skillet Chicken Fajita Bake
I’m not sure whether I will serve this will some wedges, rice or maybe even some tortilla crisps?! The recipe looks good from Seeking Good Eats.
Saturday :: Takeaway
Sunday :: Homemade pizza!
Always a fun activity on a Sunday afternoon.