This week is sure going to be a short one for meal planning because we are all heading off in separate directions towards the end of it. This week Adam and Tobes are heading off to a football training camp in Spain on Wednesday, and then Edith and Reuben will be going away with their Grandparents for a long weekend so it will just be meeeeee! I’ll be honest, I plan meals for the family but I’m likely to eat next to nothing, loads of spicy stuff no one else will touch and a takeaway or two on an evening. Self care, who is she again?
Anyway, let’s have a look how last week’s meals went so you can decide if you want to do them for yourself:
- Monday :: Coconut curry – this was lovely, really tasty and everyone ate it with a smile!
- Tuesday :: Cheesy beef hash – honestly, I’m telling you – if you order a Hello Fresh or similar box then KEEP the recipe cards. Just lush and so easy to replicate.
- Wednesday :: Chicken Gyros – the boys all said these were lush.
- Thursday :: Baked Potatoes – my fave of the week (which surprised me, but I’d forgotten how good baked potatoes are!)
- Friday :: Riojo Fiesta chicken – I didn’t end up doing this! My period arrived and I’ve been about as much use as a concrete parachute all weekend.
- Saturday :: Hibatchi chicken – also didn’t do this…
- Sunday :: Sunday Roast – surprise surprise I didn’t do this either.
So as we can see there was a steady but ferocious drop off in my meal productivity last week ha! New week and all that jazz.
Monday :: Spag Bol
Simple, easy and always a winner. I feel like you can cope with this even when it’s boiling hot, you know? Most hot foods when it’s too warm are a hard pass, but this is always a win.
Tuesday :: Chicken Curry from my book
Always a winner, always good for leftovers the next day. Adam and Toby are leaving in the middle of the night so this will make sure Tobes has a decent meal beforehand. You can buy my book here.
Wednesday :: Sheet pan fajitas
It gets a bit harder when it’s just me, Miss picky pants and the boy who will eat every veg going. I really struggle to find a balance for them! Fortunately, Fajitas tend to work – she just has chicken and cheese, he has her pepper. This is from The Lazy Dish.
Thursday :: Toasties
Yup – that simple. I will probably whip something out of the freezer for them to take to school as a larger lunch and then they will be able to have cheese and ham toasties for dinner.
Friday – Sunday – Anyone’s guess
I’ll be on my own so… will I eat, won’t I eat? Who knows. Will it be takeaway or nibbles? WHO KNOWS?!
The sheet pan fajitas look amazing and it looks much easier than the mess and hassle of frying them which is what usually do!