Hello! If your little ones went back to school last week I hope they all had good times and everyone is feeling a bit more relaxed? If this week is your first week back like ours then – gah! It’s here! I’m excited for routine, nervous as hell for all the obvious reasons and I’m taking the same thought process as last week and aiming for meals that either take less than 20-30mins or can be done in the pressure cooker!
Let’s have a little look at last week:
- Monday :: Chilli con carne – delish, and I now have two portions left in the freezer for this week!
- Tuesday :: Teriyaki chicken balls – these were so good! Everyone enjoyed them!
- Wednesday :: Creamy pork casserole – this was really yummy but the kids didn’t want to eat it. I was so disappointed as they loved it last time!
- Thursday :: Chicken fajita pasta – always a lush combo!
- Friday :: Takeaway – YUMMERS
- Saturday :: Beef stroganoff – didn’t end up doing this as we had a shuffle around and went for fish and chips one evening.
- Sunday :: Bangers and Mash – always a winner!
So what about this week?
Monday :: Lemon, Parmesan chicken rissoles
Quick, easy and simple to make. I think I will serve them with roasted potatoes, If I cut them up smaller and put them in the oven, they won’t take long to cook. Some broccoli with it too! This recipe is from Over60.
Tuesday :: Chicken Kare-kare
Now this sounds lovely and I’ve never heard of it before! I’m going to have to substitute the annatto powder with tumeric and paprika because my local Waitrose is the only place that does it and I can’t get there this week! This recipe is from Kawaling Pinoy. The pressure cooker is going to take care of this for me!
Wednesday :: Cottage pie
Easy one for the pressure cooker as well and then I will just add the potatoes and grill. I’ve found this recipe on A Spicy Perspective!
Thursday :: Spaghetti Bolognese
Is it ever not a winner? I mean really?
Friday :: Takeaway
Saturday :: Chicken Carnitas
I haven’t made carnitas before! I know it’s usually pork but I have chicken so I’m going with that. This recipe is from A Saucy Kitchen. Again, all the work is going into the pressure cooker here!
Sunday :: Sunday Roast
I have been waiting for one of these for AGES, I can’t ruddy wait.