Oh Hello March – I see you have bought with you a sprinkling of sunshine and a dash of good news in the form of return to school! Woop woop! It’s the first time I have ever actually felt like schools reopening has come at an acceptable time. Would I prefer to see teachers vaccinated and the return staggered… yup, but I feel like the vaccine program is going well so all is good!
Anyway, dinners last week – let’s recap:
- Monday :: Baked feta – delish! It’s really simple and ever so tasty. Edith didn’t like it.
- Tuesday :: Beef Stew – very simple and very very tasty! I really enjoyed it!
- Wednesday :: Lasagne – yummmmmm, had it on Saturday instead.
- Thursday :: Meatball Gnocchi – one of my fave meals ever, it was THAT good. At it on Wednesday!
- Friday :: Takeaway
- Saturday :: Fried chicken – opted not to do this because we had fish and chips earlier in the week.
- Sunday :: Chicken tikka – drool worthy and easy peasy!
So moving on to this week…
Monday :: Mexican Chicken Bake
This recipe from Pinch of Nom looks like something that my kids will devour rapidly! I think they will enjoy it, I will probably serve it with rice on the side!
Tuesday :: Mango Chicken curry
Ooh this looks like a bit of meeeeee. I know it’s another rice on the side dish but I love the sound of it, and if I cut the pieces teeny tiny then I can trick… I mean persuade… Edith to eat it. Recipe is from Taste.au.
Wednesday :: Creamy Green chicken chilli bake
Another rice one… gosh I didn’t think this out did I? Well, I mean we like rice. It’s fine. Adam will forgive me because I’ve put pie on the list this week… so yeah. This from Lillie eats and tells looks amazing. I will have to use salsa and not salsa verde because I can’t be arsed to make that or buy it…
Thursday :: Toad in the Hole
Can’t beat it can you? I use my own recipe for this!
Friday :: Takeaway
Saturday :: Steak, Stilton & Mushroom pie
I’ll likely make this in the pressure cooker and then finish it off with the pastry in the oven. I think the Stilton will just add a really yummy, rich element to the whole thing. This is from Great British Chefs.
Sunday :: Chicken Ramen
I love a good healing bowl of ramen! There is nothing better… my kids disagree so we will see how this goes. This is from Cooking Classy!