So following on from my post a few weeks ago about weight loss and wanting to change my body shape, I thought I would share with you how I have been losing weight – just over half a stone so far!
For me, I’m aiming to feel healthier – I do already – and put some vitamins back in the old bod. I am turning 30 soon and I want to feel my best, which I won’t if I carry on with sugar overdoses and constant unhealthy habits.
First off, I’ve been taking a multivitamin in the morning (if you’re interested it’s called Voost and it’s dissolvable – I’m loving it) and then I have started to really include more veg, lean meats and fish and less carbs and starchy things. I know I gain weight with things like noodles and pasta, so I’m cutting back and substituting them with things like courgetti or “zoodles” as our friends across the pond would call it!
This recipe is super tasty, really quick and my top tip would be to bulk chop and prep your veg in the evening or morning so that you can grab a handful, chuck it in the wok and BOOM done in 20 mins.
You will need:
- 1tsp garlic paste (or if you don’t buy garlic paste because you’re not as lazy as me, then 2 cloves of garlic chopped)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey (I use manuka – apparently it’s healthier but, erm, who reeeeally knows?!)
- 1 tbsp. Bayin cold pressed sesame seed oil
- 1 courgette, spiralised
- 1 egg, boiled and sliced into chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- 2 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1-5 birds eye chillies (I use 5 to make my food VERY hot but you can vary it or leave it out)
- 1 fillet of Birds Eye breaded chicken (hot & spicy for me!)
Start by preheating the oven to GM 6 and popping the chicken on a baking tray. Follow the cooking instructions depending on which chicken you go with.
Heat the oil in a wok, and stir fry the courgette for 2-3 mins until it’s starting to soften, then set aside to drain off the excess water in a sieve.
Place the rest of the veggies, garlic, chillies, honey and soy in the wok and stir fry for a few minutes then add back in the courgette. Serve with the chicken on top, sprinkle over the nuts and egg and eat!
This is so yummy with sriracha over the top of it too!