I don’t really do gift guides terribly often, I just don’t think they are that fun to create and I prefer other work, however I do like reading gift guides. I often feel like after ten years I’m beginning to wonder what the hell to buy Adam for certain occasions – he collects fuckball, oops FOOTball, memorabilia but it’s often very pricey and not easy to get hold of at all. He says the same about me – I have a tendancy to ask for the same things, or refuse to ask for anything…
So ideas for Valentine’s day gifts?
I’ve only included things that I would like myself or that I would buy for Adam, and all of them can be found at one of my obsessions, Uncommon Goods (Top left, clockwise):
- Heart Vases – I bought a mini version of this for my mum for Christmas and she adores it.
- Date night bucket list – so fun and a great way to think of fun things to do when it’s getting tough to think of new things!
- Love is Art – basically a massive kit to allow you to paint yourselves and get it onnnn. I honestly think this would be hilarious fun and something that I would love… now to try and schedule in sexy time where the kids won’t walk in on us getting our Andy Warhol on…
- Stadium seat cufflinks – Adam would kill for a pair of cufflinks made out of a Boothferry Park seat. Literally.
- Personalised LP – Adam gave me our wedding song on a CD for Xmas and I loved it, this is the same thing just bigger and personalised for that extra special touch.
- Anniversary Journal – I’d LOVE this, I’m a documenter and this is essentially a way to document your anniversaries. So cool.
- Horse shoe heart trivet – this is right up my street, and also a very similar look to the door hook we have in the bedroom.
- Bee Love necklace – I adore this, isn’t it so pretty?