This is such a fun thing to do and something that I would never have thought of but it is uber simple and easy to do! I found the idea on pinterest (you can find me on pinterest here) and as soon as the weather started to improve I had to have a go at it myself! The boys loved it.
Here’s how to make a garden water pillow:
- Heavy duty clear plastic sheeting
- Duct tape
- Hose pipe for water (or you could fill it up with a bucket, but it’s easier with a hose)
- Food colouring/glitter/animals/anything else you want! (optional)
Lie the heavy duty plastic sheeting down and fold it over to form a ‘pocket’. Use the duct tape to secure the base, top and majority of the middle, if you are adding anything like sparkles or little animals then add them now.
Secure the hose pipe into the ‘pocket’ with duct tape. Make sure there are no gaps and the plastic is completely sealed. Fill her up (just to note, my only critique for this is that it takes a long time to fill up, so have patience or make a smaller pocket).
This was hours of fun for the boys, they loved it and it really is so cheap to do. Better than a bouncy castle! You can add all sorts of things, here are a few theme suggestions:
- Sparkles and pink food colouring for a Princess theme (or Prince!)
- Blue food colouring and ocean animals for a deep sea theme
- Green food colouring for ‘slime’
- Red food colouring with fake eyeballs and fingers for halloween.
The possibilities are endless, although I would certainly recommend you do this outside (let’s face it, it doesn’t matter if it isn’t the best weather) as after a while of bouncy and rolling there are bound to be a few leaks.
Let me know if you gave it a go and enjoyed it 🙂