I often find at this time of year I get such sore lips as the weather gets colder and dryer, and the boys often get sore lips because they are dribbling from teething. So when I recently discovered this brilliant post on the blog meetthedubiens.com. I thought I would give it a go and see whether or not it worked, and it did! I was so pleased and it is easy to get hold of kool-aid sachets in the UK, I ordered mine from here where you can get sweets from around the world.
What you will need:
- A tub of petroleum jelly (vasline)
- A sachet of kool-aid powder
- A microwave safe bowl
How to do it:
- Empty the contents of the tub of vasline into a microwavable bowl. Heat for 2 mins, stir and then repeat until it is completely melted. It will be liquid and very hot when its ready so be careful and if you are letting the kids help, keep a close eye on them!
- take out of microwave and stir in kool-aid drink crystals – I used the whole package for each batch, and I used the cherry flavour which makes a fab purple colour.
- Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved, don’t stop stirring! If the mixture starts to solidify you can heat again for another 30 seconds just be careful not to over heat as too much heat will kill the kool-aid!
- Pour into the lip gloss containers and leave to solidify – a couple hours
That’s it! So simple, and it tastes fab! This also makes a lovely gift for someone at this time of year (or at any time of year!)