I love this idea – what a great alternative to chocolate and sweets this Easter, after all the kids are going to get enough chocolate from Grandparents and other family members! I’m always looking for things that I can add to the boys Easter baskets without having to spend a fortune, and if I can make them – all the better!
So here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 2 packages of unsweetened Orange Kool-Aid (or orange colouring)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Plastic cone shaped bags – these are usually used for icing and you can get them in any food store or cake shop.
- Green curling ribbon to tie.
So mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar with the orange Kool-Aid (this will give it a wonderful scent of oranges, but if you don’t have any or can’t get any near you, then use the food colouring) together in a saucepan, then add the water and oil stiring together over a medium heat to form a dough. Once that is done, let it cool down a bit until you can knead it, then knead until totally smooth.
Add the now orange playdoh to the plastic bags, this forms the main part of your ‘carrot’. Tie with green curling ribbon.
I hope you enjoy making this, it’s one of those really easy to make Easter crafts for kids.